Monday, May 11, 2009

A new Chapter...

Our good friend, Tommy, once told my husband that even if I wasn't making tons of money at my shop, people sure like visiting!

ladies always want tips and pointers from 'Furniture Diva Diane'
True. I never opened a shop for the money. I opened it for a passion of Home and great moments! Diva Day Friday was a hit from Day One! The 'Diva Bar' always seemed the best spot to get all the latest scoop & happenings around town. (Not to mention great cocktails). Lots of laughter, for sure...a place where the chicas hang out, let their hair down just a bit, and sing all the lyrics to La Belle, Marvin Gaye, & Chaka Khan...

My undying gratitude goes out to all of the fabuluous jewelry artists I've met through the shop...


all of the priceless friendships that I have made...



to the chicas that have been with me since the very beginning...


and all the chicas that remained to the end...



for all of the prop-styling over the past few years being quite the ordeal...

and for those many, many long nights of flipping the entire shop, (moving all of the furniture& goods around), until 11pm - or well past midnight... when I dragged my exhausted butt through our door at home, Tim would massage my calves and give me an 'atta girl'... = )

but I always LoVeD the end result...

for me, my shop was always my sanctuary, a resting spot, my fantasy, my passion...

and I loved sharing it with other lovely chicas...

and so many lovely chicas shared my same passion and 'got me'...they really understood!


view out my front door @ home...

So, for now, I bid you Bon Voyage as I close my shop doors. My husband is expanding on his career which will require me to be home with our moppets.
He has been my #1 TRUE FAN & supporter. I will now become his...

This isn't the end however...but rather, a new beginning for us.

A new chapter in the life of monica's... now, with a capital 'M'.

~Monica's Nest~

Stay tuned...

It's sure to be a fun voyage!

I say Songria... you say Sangria...

For my 49th , I mean "Who's Counting?" Birthday Party, I decided to host a Sangria Party...   {image source:  Pinterest...