Monday, March 30, 2009

quick re-nest monday!


Today i did an entryway 're-nest' for an older ranch-style home.
before...
after...
Normally we pick wall colors first. However, on Thursday of last week I received a visit from Julie Marsh, a freelance writer who is writing an article for a new publication (through the local paper due out late spring). She asked if I would be able to do a 'before & after' by Monday. (Here's where it gets cRaZy)...I was madly preparing for Diva Day Friday and heading out of town for a weekend getaway with my family. I knew I wouldn't be home until well after midnite on Sunday. (Soooo, just hook an IV of coffee to my arm & i can pull anything off! No problem!). Monday morning came WAY too fast...and still more to do!
Using primarily the homeowner's belongings, the piano was placed in their family room, and I rearranged their entryway space. I asked if they had black & white or sepia tone images of their parents or grandparents. They found one for me to hang. The others are going to be framed and will look fabulous flanking the wall with the lone one. What a lovely way to pay tribute. A little paint, some plants, proper window treatments...we're on our way!
Before.

After.

...and that was quite the quick 're-nest' on this gorgeous Monday!

I say Songria... you say Sangria...

For my 49th , I mean "Who's Counting?" Birthday Party, I decided to host a Sangria Party...   {image source:  Pinterest...