Thursday, February 12, 2009

February, the month of love...


At the dinner table last Sunday, I told Tom & his sweet girlfriend Destiny, that all i wanted for Valentines Day was a good meal, a good glass of merlot, and a fresh down comforter. (A nice roaring fire in the hearth would be nice, too....hint to my man).
Yeah, i know i'm easy.



Some people do not believe in a soul mate. I choose to differ.


My favorite tickets. "if i had one hundred wishes i would gift them all to you"...


Underneath a wall fountain, a quote on a vintage chalkboard. "The human heart yearns for the beautiful".

A mom for so many, many years I have baked dozens of heart-shaped cookies, cut & pasted hundreds of Valentines on our dining room table, & let my man of 20+ years know how much i do appreciate him. Simple. No diamonds, no roses, no fuss...just plain domestic bliss...

Here's to a Happy Valentines Day for all. May it be your lover, a friend, your kid(s), someone whom you love, admire, and appreciate, be sure to let them know.

I say Songria... you say Sangria...

For my 49th , I mean "Who's Counting?" Birthday Party, I decided to host a Sangria Party...   {image source:  Pinterest...